First canvasing completed

Jan Bloom

LOVES Wooden Canoes
Canvasing on the 1952 OT Yankee is completed. Did it on the back porch, awfully tight space but it is done. Took my time with it. Stretched and tacked yesterday and fit to the bow and stern today. A bit of fussing but I was really pleased with the way things came out. I will fill on Sunday as I have fiddle customers coming tomorrow. Come to think of it I may wait til Monday and take out one of the other canoes. Paddling on Sunday which is supposed to be nice sounds like a better idea and a good reward for the work of yesterday and today. And Kathy K. I will put up pics when I get that far OK.

No, now that I have done it. But next time I will certainly have more space. The back porch was a bit more crowded than I thought it would be. It took a few tries to get enough length for the winch. So one end was back in the corner and kind of a tight fit. Next time I will have the porch cleared so I can go from corner to corner and have more room at both ends.

There was a little fussing and retacking to get the bow and stern to pull tight and flat. But once everything was inplace both ends pulled in along the curve and flat to the planking.

Good for you Jan. You still snore louder than I do, and the canoes didnt like it one bit, they told me so......:rolleyes:

canvassing with minimal work room so outside to fill.

Attachments

• Cnvs Cn 037.jpg
    Cnvs Cn 037.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 284
  • Cnvs Cn. 049.jpg
    Cnvs Cn. 049.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 265
  • Cnvs Cn. 052.jpg
    Cnvs Cn. 052.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 257
Good for you Jan. You still snore louder than I do, and the canoes didnt like it one bit, they told me so......:rolleyes:

The canoes have calmed down over the past couple of weeks. I did hear some whining over the weekend that they were lonesome and dry. Beautiful weather in the north with the colors at peak.

Back