Dlsduane

dlsduane

Some years back I was given an Old Town canoe that had some termite damage and old canvas needing to be replaced. I have not done much to it and I would like to get rid of it. I have too many other projects going. It is a freebie for anyone who wishes to have it. It has no trailer and will need the one who wants it to figure how to transport.

The serial number is 146621 - a 16 foot Otca built in December,1946 and bought new by my friend who passed away. The order slip on that sale is #2260 from Walthour & Hood Co., Atlanta, GA.

I don't get on this site unless I need to so you will have to call me on my cellphone #386 336 1778. I live in NE Florida about 1 hour south of Jacksonville on route 17 in Pomona Park.

Most of the ribs are in good shape. The gunwales, one seat, and the triangular end pieces (not sure what they are called) both fore and aft were eaten and need to be replaced. The canvas needs to be replaced. However, the structure is in fairly good form apart from these noted failures. I have all these pieces that I removed that were termite eaten.

I don't want to cut it up and want you to have the joy of rebuilding it. I am available on my cell all day except for when I am at church service on Sundays and Wednesday evenings.

Thank you for your interest. Call me soon.

Duane Sisson

Back