Canadian Canoe Museum Chapter tour - Saturday October 5, 2024

Alex Guthro

LOVES Wooden Canoes
I received this from Jeremy Ward, Curator of the Canadian Canoe Museum;

"I’m writing to confirm that I should be good to come in on Saturday Oct 5th to support your visit with a back of house tour of our Collection Hall for Chapter members. If it could be later in the day, perhaps 3pm for Collection tour, that would be ideal.
The exhibits are best enjoyed in small groups and not by facilitated tour, so this could be planned for before we meet in the Collection Hall. The paddling here is lovely and would be a great place to put in."

The CCM website suggests 1 to 1.5 hrs to tour the Museum, and as Jeremy mentioned, this tour is not facilitated. For members who are interested in touring the Museum together we could meet at 1:15 pm at the Museum, and then gather, with any additional members for a 3:00 pm Back of House tour of the Collection Hall.

If you have a CCM membership entrance is free, others would have to pay regular admission costs.

Admission Rates
Members FREE*
Adults (18+) $20.00
Seniors (65+) $18.00
Youth (5-17) $15.00
Kids (0-4) FREE
Prices are before tax.

If people are interested, and the weather is good, Bruce Clark has suggested some paddling sites near Peterborough. Given our timing I think a paddle on Little Lake from the Museum's docks would work best, either before or after our tour. Bruce's other suggestions of the Indian River & a Love Sick lake paddle will make for wonderful Chapter paddles in the spring or early summer.

I'd also like to know who would be interested in a lunch before or dinner after the tour (pay for your own).

If you're interested in attending please let me know by September 25. I'd like to give Jeremy a head-count that day. Please let me know if you'd be interested in a group paddle (with your own canoe) and if you'd prefer lunch before or dinner after the event.
Personally I'd prefer dinner after so we could paddle before the tour.

I'll be away from Sept 28 to Oct 3 and would like to have details of the tour, possible paddle, & dinner or lunch reservations worked out before I leave.

Alex Guthro
aguthro61@gmail.com
Wooden Canoe Heritage Association
http://northernlakes.wcha.org
https://www.woodencanoe.org/

Back