And now, for the Next Project! SOMEBODY STOP ME!

Easternrivers

Traditionalist
Just found this naked body for sale. Not sure what it is tho....any ideas?
Almost looks like a "one-off" that never got finished.

Attachments

• mystery1.jpg
    mystery1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 299
  • mystery2.jpg
    mystery2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 300
  • mystery3.jpg
    mystery3.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Call me negative, but I'd stop you again....;)
Focus on that Chestnut! once the filler is on and waiting to cure and be painted, go for it. Just not on this one. Similar pedigree to the last one, what with the seat bars and decks.
You do have the right amount of enthusiasm for ending up with a garage and yard full of boats though!

Well I'm waiting for more pics on this one.The guy says this was in the garage when he moved into this house several years ago. He planned on fixing it, but never got to it. Now it's underfoot I guess.

You're right that I need to focus on my Chestnuts. And get them done before looking for more.
Wise words. Sometimes I get too excited and want to save them all!

Yeah, its tempting to bring home all the strays and no doubt most of us have been guilty of it at one time or another. Having said that, keep running them all down since there are gems out there that are almost always advertised vaguely - went this morning to look at a 'cedarstrip canoe'. Great price, turned out to be a lovely 15' chestnut with a coat of fiberglass all over it and pressed cane seats and some other mods, so there it stayed. It could just as easily have been a very desirable rare antique, so i dont want you to think I am negative or discouraging you; sometimes you just have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince....:D

Yeah, its tempting to bring home all the strays and no doubt most of us have been guilty of it at one time or another. Having said that, keep running them all down since there are gems out there that are almost always advertised vaguely - went this morning to look at a 'cedarstrip canoe'. Great price, turned out to be a lovely 15' chestnut with a coat of fiberglass all over it and pressed cane seats and some other mods, so there it stayed. It could just as easily have been a very desirable rare antique, so i dont want you to think I am negative or discouraging you; sometimes you just have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince....:D

Most likely I woulda grabbed that Chestnut and brought it back to traditional condition!
Gotta watch that "cedar strip" description as I tend to think that means a "CEDAR STRIP/GLASS" boat, but sometimes it turns out to be a cedar ribbed/canvas canoe. Yup, it's fun to track 'em down for sure.
Don't find too many Morris or Gerrish down here..at least not that I've seen.
Nuts, Pete's, Hurons and such. Once in a while the odd Miller...

very new at this but the seats look to be the same as how Tremblay seats are placed the rocker is not though

Back