ACA Yearbooks from the 1920's

kcupery

I'm looking for a library with American Canoe Association yearbooks from about 1922 until maybe the 40's, although what I am looking for is probably before 1930.

Can anyone direct me to an archive? A search of the listings at Mystic, the NYS Historical Soc and the ADK museum have yielded nothing. There seems to be no market for ACA yearbooks on the antiquarian book sites (or at least none are for sale).

Or.... should you personally have these years, I have a simple research project that you might be able to help with.

Many thanks,

Ken Cupery

Hi Ken,

We have a large, though incomplete, collection of ACA yearbooks at the Antique Boat Museum. Contact me at my work address (dmiller@abm.org) and I will see if we can help you out.

Dan

Thanks guys!

I did try a couple of emails to the ACA with zero response. Perhaps I didn't get the right person's attention, but I sent it to a couple of different email addresses as I recall. I don't sense that they have any real interest in history.

Dan - I'll pull the background information together and get an email off to you tomorrow.

Best,

Ken

I sent a note to several folks at ACA, including a link to this thread, pointing out that this isn't the first time that email requests have gone unanswered, and noting that it reflects poorly on the organization. Hopefully their cage will get rattled.

Does anyone know what the ACA "newsletter" was in the 1920s? In the 1880s it was American Canoeist, followed by Sail and Paddle. Then Forest and Stream followed by Outing Magazine gave column space to the ACA. What came next?

Back