Morris dating information

Zenith

Curious about wooden canoes
A while ago there was a chart that gave approximate years for Morris build dates. At that time it was given that my Morris with a serial number 5298 is a 1908 model. I have been trying to find that chart on site and in my old forum posts and replies but an error comes up with the page not found. Is the chart still available, and if so how can I find it.
Thank You
John MacIver

John, I did not realize that you double posted your question.....
I am pasting my reply from the other posting here for anyone who happens to be searching for Morris dating in the title. They will more likely land here than on an Old Town query. Dan is so much more succinct.

Hi John,
I am constantly amazed at how things play out in life. I am literally sitting here starting to write and share an update about that Morris table. I have recently learned some additional details that affect the way that I structured the table. I'll carry on with that after replying to your question.
As you note, the Morris table and related overview material are no longer located on this site. It and all of the related builder history have been removed.
Dan Miller and Benson Grey provided much of that content as did other members. Kathryn Campbell added quite a bit of the Morris related material that she also published in her book The Morris Canoe,. Kathy's book is available for purchase on this site.
The Morris table and and content relating to the history of wooden canoes now reside on a website belonging to Dan.
That site, the Wooden Canoe Museum, is a valuable resource for anyone who is interested in the history of wooden canoes. It shares Dan's personal collection of related items and many details about wooden canoes. It is the go to resource for identifying canoes.
Here is a link to the Morris table on that site. B. N. Morris | Wooden Canoe Museum
It has been suggested that the Webmaster add a link to Dan's site.

Dan and Scrapmaker,
Thank you for your replies! That is exactly the information that I needed! The projects continue... but slowly these days....
Thank you
John MacIver

Back