Canoe Sailing Magazine

Pernicious Atavist

Canoe Sailing Publisher
Hi all! Benson has been very supportive of Canoe Sailing Magazine, which I hope to launch in January.
I'd like to encourage your interest and participation in this community effort to bring together all those who enjoy sailing canoes. There's no limitations or requirements other than they be sailing canoes or kayaks.
I look forward to your feedback!
Ed

Make that "FORE"!

etiquette_fore.jpg

:D

Hi, all!

Okay, it will be an online magazine, so there's no need to sign up. I'm working on it now and plan to have it live come January.

Again, this will be a community magazine for ALL types of canoe sailing--traditionalists, like us, Polynesian types and even modern types--as longs as they're canoes, or 'yaks, and sail, they're our community at large.

Now...someone once suggested it takes a village...and y'all being that...I'd like to get your contributions. Stories, photos, building projects, etc and are all welcome!

Also, let others know what's happening and get them onboard as well.

I know it's chilly where some of you are, but it's almost 80 here--near Tampa--and I'm ready to get on the water, as soon as I restore my boat.

If you want to drop a line or send something, feel free to do so!

Thanks!
Ed
ecmaurer@gmail.com

faulty admittance

I signed up for and recieved all the admittance comebacks. I jumped through all the hoops. It still just says wrong name or wrong password.
These electronic secret handshakes are a pain in the a$$.
I am through frustrating myself trying to read the sailing canoe magazine.
If it cannot be accessed by a simpler passage it is not worth it.
I even tried to reply to one of the acceptance letters but in their paranoia, they have sent it to me so that simply replying cannot be done. their address is deliberately wrong so I can't even contact them to tell them to remove my account.
I am sorry I ever found this site.

Phelonius

Hey Guys... cut em a little slack, OK I went through a bunch of trouble getting logged into the forums and later found out that they had changed servers mid stream and part of the information was on one server and the rest on another. We had to delete all information and start over... With this done, all worked well...
At this time, it is a one man show so contact him and he will work with you to correct any problems.
I'm looking forward to what others upload into the site. IMHO

I also had some issues with getting logged on, but if you send Ed a note directly, he can delete your earlier registration attempt, and then you can re-register. It's not that big of a deal... even I could do it!

Dear Phelonius,

I'm sorry you have run into a little bit of trouble accessing the Canoe Sailing Magazine forum, The Rudder. After reading this post, I checked to review that your enrollment was in effect, and it is. I manually approved you yesterday or the day before.

The 'hoops' we must jump through to enroll users are a pain in the neck, but they are brought about due the amount of spam a site would receive without them. Additionally, I believe they also help prevent users' emails and other information from being used by unauthorized people who would do you harm or add you to mailing lists. Thus these simple steps help protect not only the magazine, but users like yourself.

Why you are having this access problem is unknown to me. Sometimes a user may provide the wrong password or misspell his user name; that has happened already this week. May I suggest you contact me directly at editor@canoesailingmagazine.com and allow me and my IT staff to help you with this inconvenience?

I look forward to your (non-hyperbolic) response and look forward to helping you in any way possible.
Ed

Dearest Phelonius,

After my previous reply to your very upset posting complaining about the difficulty you had accessing The Rudder, I again reviewed your information. I noted you wrote your user name (and I cut and pasted here so there would be no error on my part) as Phelonus.

Now, did you intend on leaving the 'i' out of your user name for that enrollment? If so, I think we need to look into the matter further, seeing how upset you are (understandably so) about not being able to access Canoe Sailing Magazine's forum.

Again, I apologize for the difficulties this has caused you. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Ed

Back