Walter Walker

Dick Persson

Canoe builder & restorer
Our oldest master canoe builder, Walter Walker of Lakefield has been unwell for several weeks and was recently hospitalized. His wife Maxine has also been unwell; however she is at home, with family support.

Walter's family request no visitors, however, if you wish to send him a brief message, e-mail me and I will forward it to his daughters who will read the emails to Walter.

Dick Persson
Headwater Canoe Company

Last edited:
I, and many of us remember fondly Mr. Walker's presentation at the Peterborough Assembly last year. I was privileged to meet and talk with him there as we walked from one building to another. We all wish him and his wife well, and I look forward to another chat with him in the future.

Max Peterson
Three Rivers WCHA Chapter

It was a thrill meeting Mr. Walker at the Peterborough assembly, and it warms my heart knowing the WCHA honored him at that event. He's an inspiration to us all... instilling hope that working on canoes provides long life and a clear mind. Our thoughts are with him and his wife.

I look forrard to buying Walter and Maxine another dinner and listening to his fishing stories. Truly a Master of the Craft. My very best wishes.
John Hupfield, the Lost in the Woods Guy.

Back