Spam you very much!

Rob Stevens

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
FYI
I got this strangely worded e-mail this morning. May be an attempt to engage re "canoe units" then scam money units.

Dear Sir/Madam,
My name is Rev Tim Wilson and i contacted you to inquire
whether you have Canoe for sale.I will like you to email me with the total
cost of river canoe with the following dimension.

Length:: 4.8m,

Width:: 88.9cm,

Weight:: 36.2kg,

Capacity:: 499kg

Get me the total cost of 3 units worth of the canoes none including
shipping because i will recommend you to a freight company that will be
coming to your location to pick the canoes up as soon as they are ready
in-stock to be picked up.Email me with your name and contact number and
advise me on the method of payment that you accept.Thank You.

Rev Tim Wilson

That message was sent to a very broad distribution list including the WCHA store which offers no "units worth of canoes" in this size. I don't respond because it only encourages them to send more.

Benson

Last edited:
Rob, I was unaware you had designed a 15.7ft canoe that at only 35inches wide would carry 1100 pounds - you've been holding out on us! How much?:D

I usually like to lead them on (play with them) a bit and then let them know that whatever they are asking for is ready and to bring cash. Once I mention cash I never hear from them again.

Dan

....what Dan Lindberg said!
"Cash" and "personal meeting" are the words I use to scare them off . Or just ignore them.

This was in the last Maine Boats & Harbors Mag - "The owner of the Yarmouth yard where I have kept boats for years insists that “boat” is an acronym for “break out another thousand,” an amount I refer to as a “boat unit.” The advantage of using this term is that it sounds smaller, as in, “That new gizmo cost only 1.7 boat units.”

What would a "canoe unit" be?

War

I say we declare war on Nigeria. Given the amount of spam coming from there, they must have cost the US more than Osama by now.:p

Back