Shipping

jaygolf

Curious about Wooden Canoes
I am searching for companies that will ship a used canoe from a northern US location to the southern US. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

See the travel reigistry forum on this site, or there's a similar one on paddling.net. Might get your boat moved for free, and it'll be done by another canoe lover, rather than an unknown entity.

i recently wanted to ship a clc kayak to georgia, the cost was almost as much as the kayak was worth. $550.00. i ended up running in to a friend who was headed to fla. and we strapped that thing to his roof and gave him some good gas money. he was happy i was happy the buyer was happy. alot of people headed to fla right now.

Jay - could you be more specific? Where in the North to where in the South? I'm getting itchy for warm weather and the right combination of locations might push me over the edge!

Last edited:
Think Beer!

If you want to push MikeCav over the edge...have a round set up at the other end, but make sure it's his brand.

Ric

Mike -
I am just getting intot restoration as a hobby - I can already see it is like golf - all-consuming!!! But then again, I never do anything half-way - it's all or nothing!!! So I am "gathering" information and attempting to purchase a couple of canoes (why stop at one eh?). One is in Towand, PA, the other in Mount Vernon Illinois. I am located in Baton Rouge Louisiana, land of the pirogue (look that one up - an interesting craft). Both are Old Town. Also looking at a Meramec out in Tucson AZ.
If you decide to come this direction, it is crawfish time in Louisiana, something to experience.
Thanks to everyone for the replies!!!

Canoe hauler

KAS is out of business, or at least non-responsive to requests for canoe-moving. My one experience with KAS was first-rate, but that was two years ago and I haven't been able to reach it since.

Go with Affordable Boat Carriers (quirky as it may be); I've had good service for ten years.

Back