Sectional Canoes

When I visited the Canadian Canoe Museum 3 or 4 years ago there was a temporary exhibit on sectional and folding canoes. I asked if they were going to put together a brochure on this exhibit, and was told no. Too bad, it would have been a great compilation of information. Attached, if I can get it to work, is the Douglas folding canoe they showed. Tom McCloud

Attachments

• STH71023.jpg
    STH71023.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 332
On a personal note i've made many sectional canoes and always found it to be rewarding and fun. :D
On a more serious note, that float plane is incredible. Though state of the art at the time, i wonder how comfortable anyone would be going up in it today, wooden propeller and all.
Before someone corrects me, i guess its rightly termed a flying boat rather than float plane.

Attachments

• SSPE1500X-1-800.jpg
    SSPE1500X-1-800.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 290
Will the Clayton museum be putting together a brochure about sectional canoes? What is the next stop for this touring display? Tom McCloud

Will the Clayton museum be putting together a brochure about sectional canoes? What is the next stop for this touring display? Tom McCloud

Almost certainly not. They are without a curator for the foreseeable future.

Next stop is probably back into storage at Peterborough.

Back