OT serial number 211418

Ponkapoag

Curious about Wooden Canoes
I've owned this canoe for about 35 years...bought it used from a Boy Scout camp in NH...I've really used this canoe...wrapped it around a rock in a river making me replace the thwart and fixing the gunnel with apiece of a hocky stick..good as new...patched holes in the bow and stern...good as new...replaced the plastic seats with web seats...good as new...recently a thunderstorm picked it up and hurled it over a 6' stockade fence landing on the driveway smashing the bow deck so I called Old Town hopeing I could get a new bow and stern deck...extremly helpful women asking me to send her pictures so she could help me out...she said she could walk next door to the store and get the build card and tell me about the canoe but I told her that was way to much to ask but I would send her pictures and measurements for the decks....hopefully someone here can identify my canoe. Thanking you in advance...chears

Sorry -- but our scanned copies of the OT records don't go past 210,999. Maybe when OT sends you the replacement parts, they can send you a copy of the build record.

Yeh after reading a bunch of these posts I've learned the scanned copies only go up to 210,999...missed by 419 builds !!! but thats OK as I will be corresponding with OT with pictures and measurements..Thanks and I will keep in touch here...now I'm thinking about replacing the plastic and aluminum gunnels over next winter...in between ice fishing...thanks again cheers

Just an update and a reference date for serial numbers...#211418 was built January 3, 1976...email response was provided by the nicest women at Old Town .

Grew up in Milton and lived in the Blue Hills as a kid....and adult...canoe'd and fished Ponkapoag for 50 years...camped at AMC for too many years...favorite time is ice fishing when its too cold for other people...my name on other sites as well...so many people ask me your question...cheers

Back