Old Town Serial No. 631856

cdcanoe70

I purchased this Old Town Centennial canoe new, and would like to find the manufacturing history on this boat.

The scanned Old Town records don't go that high. To obtain information, you are going to have to contact Old Town directly.

Contacting Old Town

I have tried to contact Old Town more than once. They are totally uncooperative.

By the way, I forgot to mention that this is a 100th Anniversary Centennial Canoe. I don't suppose that matters any.

Maybe this will work:

You can send $3 to Old Town for part number 01.1332.0100 as shown at http://oldtown.wcha.org/parts.html to get a copy of the build record, if it exists. Old Town did stop keeping records, but they should be able to tell you if one exists for your canoe or not. Please reply here if they are not able to satisfy your request... or even if they are able to help you, so that we know if this information is helpful or not.

Our records go through the mid-1970s, and I'm thinking Old Town stopped keeping records in the '90s, which would be before your Centennial canoe was born... but I'm not sure about that.

Manufacturing history is pretty slim on canoes of more recent vintage, in the build records that do exist. For instance, the record of a wood and canvas canoe from the '60s won't have the detail of one from the '30s. I sometimes wonder if folks are disappointed if their canoe's record doesn't contain all the details of the older records.

You might like to read Sue Audette's book, "Old Town, Our First Hundred Years." Sounds like it would go nicely with that canoe of yours!

Kathy

I have tried to contact Old Town more than once. They are totally uncooperative.

By the way, I forgot to mention that this is a 100th Anniversary Centennial Canoe.

Old Town stopped keeping detailed individual records about their products well before 1998 so they simply have nothing available, even if you send them the $3 as Kathy suggested.

Benson

Selling this Beautiful Canoe

Thanks for all your replies. I guess I'll stop trying to get this info.

I would like to sell this canoe. It has NEVER been in the water! Do any of you know anyone who might be interested?

Back