kirby paint

ppride

Canoe Builder
I'm looking for which Kirby paint most closely matches the dark green on Old Towns and Seligas. I've used their Irish green#38 but it is quite a bit lighter. I have a customer with a 50s vintage 17' Seliga who wants to get as close as he can to the original color. Thanks, Pete

Pete,

Joe used a number of different brands and "shades" of green over the years, the most recent being Interlux Malachy Green (?). I don't know if you can get it in the sdt Enamel anymore, I heard a rumer a while back that they stopped making it.

The Kirby's I've used has been a lower gloss more suited to old canoes, and any Seliga I've seen has had a nice gloss.

Dan

http://www.jamestowndistributors.co...=adwords!6456&keyword=product_ad_66&type=pla#

Last edited:
You really only have two choices from their premixed color selection... #12 bottle green and #13 blind green... I used the #13 on my OT... Its a bit lighter than the #12, and i think it's closer to the original. They offer it in either flat or gloss.

By the way... You can order Kirby Paints factory direct -- 508-997-9008 web site: kirbypaint.com

Last edited:
Kirby will mix up about anything you want. I don't believe Interlux has a "Malachy green" anymore, but I called Kirby's and asked and they mixed it. It was a perfect match.

Fitz

Kirby also did a special mix for me. Pettit's 'Rich Blue' is no longer available and they matched it perfectly. A great company to deal with.

Matt

Back