Chestnut Grey Green Paint ....again, again, again

So.....how did I do? I ended up custom mixing Epiphanes paint to get to what I thought was a reasonable color. I'm not sure if I got it right or not? It looks pretty good to my eye. Depending upon the lighting, it appears to be a greyish/bluish green color.
Paint aside, what a nice canoe to paddle. It's super tempting to hang on to it. It's stable but really responds well to the paddle. It's large and in charge. You could haul a moose around in it. I ended up adding a bit of length to one of the thwarts to even up the lines.
1696104090429.png

1696104183033.png

Today I had a request for this top-secret recipe from a gentleman in Bavaria. He happens to be working on a Chestnut canoe and he fancies painting it this color. As one might expect, Epifanes paints are available to him so he should have no problem duplicating this color.
That was what I had hoped for when I decided to blend using Epifanes. Locally we don't have access to Home Hardware paints and I have never had particularly great luck getting Kirby to match colors. I also prefer the way that Epifanes goes on.

So, for anyone else who is interested:

Mikes take on Chestnut Green Grey:
12 ounces (355 ml) of Epifanes # 216 (Pearl Grey)
55 ml (1.89 oz) of Epifanes # 048 (Light Green)

If you want it a bit less green, try 50 ml of the green on your first coat.

It was me ;)
Thank's for sharing!
I think I will try your recipe. Doesn't seem too green to me.

Back