In need of a small piece of Dacron...

ken mueller

Canton, Ohio
If anyone has a scrap piece of Dacron lying around and would like to donate, I am in need of a small piece for a patch above waterline on my newly acquired Penn Yan (Rainbow). All that is needed is something big enough to fit into a large SASE envelope that I will send. 4 inches x 6 inches , or whatever you can spare. Thanks!

Ken,

I just finished a covering job. I'll check at home to see if any is still around, but i think I got rid of it. If i find some i'll let you know.

Ken,

Sorry for the delay. We went on a short canoe trip. I checked my shop and all I have left is strip about 3" wide. If that will do I can cut off a 6" piece and mail it to you. If you are going to the Assembly, I could hook up with you there and hand it off. We're leaving tomorrow A.M. for Peterborough.

I'd also like to discuss your experience with Dacron. I took my canoe down the Allegheny and managed to encounter several rocks. It didn't tear the Daron, but the results are pretty ugly. After the Assembly I'm planing on sanding the scrapes and refinishing the bottom. I'd like to compare notes.

If you aren't going to the Assembly, no need to send an SASE. Just e-mail me your address and I'll drop it in the mail.

Andy

Dacron

We always have lots of scrap dacron(3.7 oz.) leftover from covering projects. Will sell it for the price of shipping via Priority Mail box.
Also have dacron by the yard(66 inches wide) at $7.50/yd.

Our covering kit is complete with material, bonding tape and instructions. It sells for $129.00 including Priority Mail delivery.

Russ Guibord
Cane & Canvas
"On the Pemaquid River"
Bristol Mills, Maine

Back