Toronto Paddlefest

Rob Stevens

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
Hi All,
A few of us WCHA members have had a display booth at the Toronto Paddlefest sponsored by Mountain Equipment Coop the past two years.
It is largely a "plastic" boat show, with lots of hands on paddling and workshop opportunities. We would appreciate your help in raising the profile of wooden canoes and of the organization. If you live nearby, we'd appreciate your spending some time answering questions. Even better if you can provide a canoe for display, or even to work on in plain view.
If you live not so close, but might be passing by, please stop in and say hello.

The 2009 event will be held June 12-14th at Sunnyside Beach.
http://www.mec.ca/Main/content_text.jsp?FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374302884675&bmUID=1232727050710

Rob Stevens

Hi rob good idea,our club was involved with the first paddlefest in calgary and I suggested to them we have some woodenboats there,the girl orginizing it didn't think there would be room but we i brought my stitch and glue kayak and another member brought his cedar strip canoe and cedar strip kayak and they all got as much attenion as anything else going on that day,I am hoping to have a few more woodenboats there this year.Hopefully I can have my otonobee ready by then

Mike

Paddlefest

Rob,

If I still had this canoe available, I would've brought it down. I'm sorry that I don't because it would have been perfect as Walter Dean's boat shop had been so close by.

Rob
Heirloom Canoes

Attachments

• Sunnyside.JPG
    Sunnyside.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 260
Back