Thank You!

Blackwaterforge

Curious about Wooden Canoes
Thank you to everyone that helped with advice or information while I was restoring my Arrowhead Canoe.
Special thanks go to Steve ambrose and the folks at Northwoods Canoe Company for providing materials and information.
The restoration probably looks amateurish or even barbaric to a professional restorer
but it floats, I did it myself and I know a lot more about wooden canoes than I did a year ago.
Thanks Again!
IMG_0395.jpg
IMG_0396.jpg
IMG_0397.jpg

Arrowhead Stem Number?

Greetings,
Congratulations on your renovated Arrowhead---beautiful! Can you send me your stem number to add to our database? We can probably give you a build date for your canoe. We have researched the company and have some old build records and we are always interested in finding owners and canoes.
Thanks,
Wally Hauck (St. Louis)
314-421-9966

The stem numbers are 2502.
There is a 17.
Letters on the deck are OEC
Any information would be appreciated.
Thank You!
Russell

Stem #2502

Your canoe with stem number 2502-17 is on our record boards and was built in Sept. of 1946, and came with outside stems. At that time the company was owned by Tony Holtz but they were still using the forms that Alfred Wickett used while he was still alive.
Call if you want more information.
Thanks,
Wally Hauck
314-421-9966

handful o' gimme

cool beans, BWF. also restoring an arrowhead. could you show a detail of the tops of stems? this is 1 detail I'm cloudy about, as this is distinct to outside stems. hope mine is half as good as yours. GOOD JOB. woodenhead

mouthful of much obliged! just what was needed. I see u r in 'Bama, it's odd how these boats ended up in such farflung places, considering the location of the factory. I'm in central Indiana, 300 miles , as the boat floats, from Valley Park. thanx. Woodenhead

Back