shop eye candy!

bob goeckel

Wooden Canoe Maniac
just a shop picture from yesterday. new morris in canvas ,new bob's special form being built, a solo and another morris hanging. a very pleasant view each day for me.

Attachments

• shop1.JPG
    shop1.JPG
    607.9 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:
You keep the shop very clean and I've never seen that many white canoes!;) No pictures, Bob

shop eyesore

Heres my pleasant view after a move and before racking...
thats me taking a break from a newborn and 2.5 year old
Missing is a wideboard, champlain, sponson and woodworking and shop tools; thank god for ocean containers on friends' property
Still more fun than collecting comics or baseball cards:eek:

Attachments

• P1040078.JPG
    P1040078.JPG
    442.1 KB · Views: 431
The buck didnt fair well but I understand he was tasty
nice to see the scars on the red one in the ceiling; back when I had british bike disease (Nortons mostly) I was a firm believer in "ride em dont hide em", I love to see the old stuff being used
This was my fishing and hunting machine, until I REALLY ran out of space - I'd gladly pay the $800 i sold it for to get it back but no doubt it'll be replaced sooner than later
*note the "2 days of solid running" gas tank, not what I usually used but hey it was full so i grabbed it...:D

Attachments

• canoe1.jpg
    canoe1.jpg
    915 KB · Views: 412
Sanity restored !?

God bless angle iron and lag bolts
Oh and molecular realignment (commonly called welding)
"Good news honey I've got more room for the next derelict I find in need of rescuing...":p

Attachments

• P1040091.JPG
    P1040091.JPG
    602.6 KB · Views: 328
Bob, i'm guessing you mean bottom boat? off to the right is a wideboard building form circa 1800's, the boat is believed to be a 16/30 sailing canoe from (- subject of a thread not too long ago under sailing canoe heading) the late 1800's, possibly early 1900's.
Yes I like old stuff and usually turn it up in my travels, and yes you should pity my wife who doesnt get the allure of old stuff...
its a beautiful boat, and I was thrilled to find it - its up second for restoration

Back