Serial number help! Was told it's a 1910

Rbreed18

I'm looking at an old town canoe to possibly restore, any information on this would be extremely helpful!

Attachments

• IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
I tried to get some information from the seller yesterday but I did not hear back from him...not needing another project I let it go but here's my take:

It's not an Old Town. The decks are wrong. I was assuming it's some sort of Charles River boat but without the information I asked for I can't be sure.
If it is an OT it could be 1910ish based upon the number you provided, but the problem with that number is that Old Town Sn's offer up the length following the SN. In this boat the length is first....
I was not convinced that its a 19 and asked the seller if it was an 18...more likely but the SN in you picture looks like it reads 16? Not as rare but more interesting to most folks.

The boat needs stem tips, rail and deck repairs, not sure what else but it does not look too bad. For the asking price if you are considering it you might want to close the deal without any hesitation.
I've been cherry picked by folks on this site several times after someone posted the Craiglisting for a boat I was buying and in one case had already bought.
Send me a PM if you want to discuss it. I'm over here on the West side and can connect you to folks over there on the East side that can help you to ID, restore etc.

Good luck and move quickly now that the cat is broadly out of the bag.

Mike

Last edited:
Back