fiber glass w/wood gunwales serial#XTC39726M82C

gustina

I'm looking for info on my Old Town Voyageur (yes, spelled like that) canoe -fiber glass w/wood gunwales serial #XTC39726M82C , it's not an antique or an all wood canoe but I can't find another like it. It was purchased new in the early 80's (between 83 and 85) and I was told there was only 10 made like it, possibly 9 shipped to England... I am in the process of restoring it and would like to know the color so I can match it up correctly. Any help or information on this canoe would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

You have the Old Town canoe with serial number 239736 which shipped in October of 1982. The scanned Old Town records stop at 210999 so none of us here have any newer information for canoes like yours. You may be able to contact the customer service department at the Old Town Canoe Company and get a copy from their paper records if they are not too busy. Please reply here if they are not able to satisfy your request. You have supplied the hull identification number from the starboard stern. The information at http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.htm may help you decode this number as Paul mentioned.

The Voyageur model was listed in the catalogs from 1978 to 1981 so I suspect that many more than ten were made. This was an 18 foot long, ABS canoe with plastic gunwales as shown in the catalog page below. The only fiberglass canoe with wood gunwales in the catalogs at this time was the 17 foot, two inch long Canadienne which is also shown on another catalog page below. This model was listed in the catalogs from 1980 until the late 1990s so there were probably more than ten of them made as well. Sorry,

Benson

Attachments

• PAGE-04.GIF
    PAGE-04.GIF
    457.9 KB · Views: 185
  • PAGE-06.GIF
    PAGE-06.GIF
    493.1 KB · Views: 198
Back