Sad Rhinelander Bookcase

Not sure it is a Rhinelander - According to Dan's website, a real Rhinelander has a splayed stem - somilar to a Morris, but rounded like a beaver tail. The E-bay boat has a straight stem.

Yeah I noticed that stem-thing too... but it does sport a dandy decal, which is a true Rhinelander decal because we saw one on a canoe chair a few months ago. I wonder if the original stem was modified when the canoe was eviscerated... perhaps I'll bug the seller with that question (put less sarcastically, though).

I'm up waaay too late, contacting eBay sellers re their wares. Just got a reply from a guy with an Old Town he says was built with elm ribs and lots of mahogany... but when I looked up the build record, it was originally CS grade. And it originally had canvas on it and not fiberglass... *sigh*

Attachments

• Rhinelander logo.JPG
    Rhinelander logo.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 266
That deck looks familier, can't place it offhand though. I bet Dan's site has a pic of it though.

Kinda looks like that decal was added during the freshing up of the piece.

As for the price, for a while here, there was a guy who was guying up all the old W/C he could get, making them into shielfs and selling them in his jusk shop, for about $1000-1500 each. Lots of profit there. :(

Dan

Back