Road Trip - Fiddles on the Tobique

MikeCav

Restorer/Videographer
I'll be headed up to New Brunswick for Fiddles on the Tobique. Last year, 700+ canoes with musicians on board floated the river - sounds like fun!

I'll be towing a pop-up tent trailer and camping at Bill Millers farm. Gonna be shooting video at the event for a possible documentary. Will probably leave Albany June 16 or 17, and return on the 23rd or 24th. May possibly make a pilgrimmage to the cedar gods at Old Town on the way up or back.

Anyone in the direct (or near direct) route between Albany NY and Nictau NB want to tag along? Young nymphomaniacs with supply of Guinness get first preference!

OK, I've no takers so I'm lowering my standards. If you want to come along to Fiddles on the Tobique, you only have to be able to pronounce "nymphomaniac" and watch while I drink Guinness!

Serious offer, though - anyone want to come along for the ride, let me know.

Spoke with Bill Miller last night, plans are progressing for this event.

Still offering a ride and a place to stay (pop-up camper) for anyone interested. As always, nymphomaniacs with Guinness get first preference, but I think I'm posting on the wrong forum for that!

the cookie never lies

Please, please shoot some video for youtube or the like, would love to see and hear it.

Attachments

• yoursign.jpg
    yoursign.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 309
Planning to shoot a lot of video - I may be partnering with a French language video crew - hopefully will have some good stuff to post.

Fiddlers

Was there the year a woman danced off the floating platform they had rigged up between canoes Now that would have made a good video

F Harvey Bowley said:
Was there the year a woman danced off the floating platform they had rigged up between canoes Now that would have made a good video

According to Bill Miller, there were a couple of makeshift dance platforms, and one, if I recall our conversation accurately was 4 canoes wide with a plywood platform and a group of clog dancers!

I'm going early to tape interviews with some of the key participants then shooting the festivities.

For all you doubters -

Just got back - lots of great video, great time with Bill Miller - 1200 Canoes & Kayaks, Fiddles, Guinness and pretty girl - Mission Accomplished! (said with the accuracy of George Bush!)

Eat your heart out, Andre'!

Attachments

• camper.jpg
    camper.jpg
    890.1 KB · Views: 325
  • raft.jpg
    raft.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 322
  • miss nb.jpg
    miss nb.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
kool

thats it, we need another heading for canoes & fiddles (or maybe just stringed instruments)
start one for beauty pagent winners while you're at it:)

Back