request for old town build record

shenna

Curious about Wooden Canoes
I have a 16 foot cedar strip canoe serial number is 68276-16 I have been looking for the record on it but can not find it Im trying to restore it to its original state and i would help tremendously if someone can help me

thanks a million
shenna

Sheena,

Didn't you ask this same question back on 6/26/2006 at 5:51PM? Benson replied with a copy of the build record.

Let us know if you did not receive this reply.

Ric

i tried to look for it with the things he sent me but i didnt understand the charts

OK, lets see if we can help. What exactly do you need further info or clarification on...like the terms on the build record, etc.

Ric

thanks a million

I found it thanks alot for your help one thing i dont understand is what CS grade means and the last question i had i already posted on the site thanks Ric i really am happy that you helped me

shenna

"CS" grade is Old Town's "Common Sense" grade. CS Grade canoes would have spruce gunwales and native hardwood decks, thwarts and seats. Old Town had two other grades - AA grade with all mahogany gunwales, seats, thwarts and decks, and GS or Guides Special grade, a more workboat-like grade than CS grade would have been.

Back