Old town 6297

Bart Howe

I'm working on a 16ft closed gunwale old town. It's pretty sound overall. Needs canvas, outwales and cane. Is there a build record available? Thank you. Bart Howe

...assuming it's actually an Old Town. No offense, Bart. It's just that there may be canoes from other manufacturers with the same number. Perhaps you're sure, but if not, photos here would surely get an accurate identification of the maker.

Thanks, but this one is obvious. To be honest, I should learn how to share digital photos. I kind of date to the ektachrome era. Bart

...assuming it's actually an Old Town. No offense, Bart. It's just that there may be canoes from other manufacturers with the same number. Perhaps you're sure, but if not, photos here would surely get an accurate identification of the maker.

6297 is unquestionably an Old Town.

Mike

Given my familiarity with this canoe I confirmed that it is an Old Town.

I no longer have photo's of this boat. If I did I would consider posting them.

Last edited:
Thank you Mike. Some of us (probably many of us) read these threads to learn. My innocent question was simply one of curiosity. As you know, 4-digit OT serial numbers are very uncommon and those canoes are early, so it seems natural to wish for more information. I would hope it's not offensive to seek information here.

Back