New member joined WCHA and the forum

Bigredmf

Curious about Wooden Canoes
My name is Kevin from Western NY state.
For some reason I’m fascinated with wood canoes so I came to the forum and ultimately joined as a two year member a day or so ago,
Heck I’m even a remember of chapter one and have already received a news letter.
I’m wondering if by being a formal member gets me access to additional information on the main page?
How long does it take to get access?
Note I’m not complaining and am just curious?
Thank you for having me.

I’m wondering if by being a formal member gets me access to additional information on the main page?

Welcome, there is no additional 'members only' information currently on the main page. The magazine and free classified listings are the primany member benefits at this time. There has been some discussion about expanding the classified archive at https://wcha.org/classified-archive/ and restricting the access to members only but it hasn't happened yet. There is also a large collection of old catalogs that could be moved to a restricted area along with the reference information at https://wcha.org/catalogs/ for example. Let me know if this doesn't answer your question.

Benson

Thank you Benson.
The links to those sections on the home page were prompting me to log in.
Now I can see them.

Welcome. This is a good place for wood canoes. Ask about anything....Someone's had it or done it. If you intend a rebuild or repair you won't find a better site.

Welcome Kevin. If you are free in July come along and meet likeminded folks st the annual WCHA Assembly which is held at Pauls Smiths College Ny up in the Adirondacks. It is a fantastic event to meet people. pick up and share tips and swoon over the canoes on display. This year the theme is "Courting Canoes" Registration for the event opens at the end of April so keep an eye open at wcha.org

Kind regards

Nick
WCHA ASSEMBLY AD.png

Last edited:
Thank you Treewater, I'd like to ask a bunch of stupid questions but I'm searching the forum for answers, several days of searching and I'm finding what I was looking for.

Nick thank you about mentioning the assembly. I have plans to attend but it will only be on Saturday due to work commitments. I'm the only one who works at my company so closing my shop is never ideal. I look forward to retirement, hopefully my body holds up for more adventure when the time arrives.

As the saying goes, there are no stupid questions....but you are right, searching the forums first because most questions have already been asked and answered.
Welcome

Back