My dog now pulls the canoe home.

Jan Bloom

LOVES Wooden Canoes
My dog is now pulling my canoe on its dolly back up the hill after paddling around the lake. Only took one try and she had it down. Knew there was a reason for adopting a husky. She needs to learn to be a bit more sedate as after paddling her around for 2 or so hours I am in no hurry. If she could only paddle then I could sit back and and just enjoy. I will get a pic posted of her pulling the canoe soon.

My dog is now pulling my canoe on its dolly back up the hill after paddling around the lake. Knew there was a reason for adopting a husky.

Hm....keep a real close eye on that operation.
Having owned a husky (a great buddy...that loved to run...not always catch-able) I suspect that your canoe towing operation could become a very entertaining thing to watch if a squirrel or a deer gets your dogs attention.
Do post those pictures....before and after. :D

She only goes bonkers over deer, coyotes, squirrels etc when on the leash. We have done some bike jouring and when she is working she is working and seems to know the difference.

Just the standard 2 wheel kind. I have to hold the bow up while she pulls. But that is so much easier than me pulling the canoe and holding on to her leash at the same time.

This is great Jan. Dog gets worked better and you don't. I mentioned this to my wife and she said, where do we get the harness. That's when I reminded her the husky we had is long gone and we now have a Yorkshire and I don't think he would be able to pull for long.

Back