Looking to find a good filler recipe...

ken mueller

Canton, Ohio
I would like to attempt to mix some canvas filler. I checked through all (23) pages in the archives for a recipe, with no luck. I've seen lists somewhere, maybe in earlier posts. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

ken we've used that first recipe on 7 canoes so far with excellent results. i did up the formula 20% so as not to run short.

filler

Bob, any experience filling in the fall/winter? I wont get canvas on earlier, and the garage is generally unheated. I guess it'll dry slowly, but any concerns?

andre, i have a morris drying right now in my unheated barn but i planned this so it would not be cold weather. i am not sure about really cold weather drying. if it were me i'd let her sit till spring or get her done right now. 4-6 weeks goes by pretty fast anyway. filling only takes a few hours.

bob goeckel said:
ken we've used that first recipe on 7 canoes so far with excellent results. i did up the formula 20% so as not to run short.
Thanks, Bob! I was trying to choose which recipe to use, guess I'll try #1 also.

Back