Kennebec serial number search

Mainiac

I have what I believe to be an early Kennebec or Morris canoe. The oval tag - on the inside of the gunnel at the first full bow rib - has the number 3715. I would appreciate help in confirming the maker and age of this canoe.

The serial number location sounds more like a Morris than a Kennebec. Kennebec put this serial number on a 17 foot long canoe in 1911 and on a 14 foot long boat in 1928. How long is this one overall and does it have the usual Morris style flared stem?

Benson

The serial number location sounds more like a Morris than a Kennebec. Kennebec put this serial number on a 17 foot long canoe in 1911 and on a 14 foot long boat in 1928. How long is this one overall and does it have the usual Morris style flared stem?

Benson

Yes, you are correct .... This canoe has the flared stem. And, looking further, this ser. Number appears to be from 1906? What other information is available from this number. Thank you very much!

As you'll see from the information in the knowledgebase, there are no Morris records and the only way we can say anything about a specific canoe is from information you provide... statistics and pictures. We can provide a rough idea of age and maybe point out a few other things, based on what the canoe looks like.

Back