Help With ID

Steve Ambrose

Nut in a Canoe
Can anyone decipher the decal and help figure out what this boat is? Ribs aren't rounded and have very little or no taper. 15-16' long. It's been fiberglassed at some point but definitely not original. No serial numbers on the stems and no tag that I could spot.

Attachments

• 1103_unknown_canoe_001.jpg
    1103_unknown_canoe_001.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 1103_unknown_canoe_002.jpg
    1103_unknown_canoe_002.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 234
  • 1103_unknown_canoe_003.jpg
    1103_unknown_canoe_003.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 1103_unknown_canoe_007.jpg
    1103_unknown_canoe_007.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 229
The middle part says "Faber." The top arc says "Made in Canada," and the lower arc says something in French... probably translates to "Made in Canada"?

That's my best guess.

The middle part says "Faber." The top arc says "Made in Canada," and the lower arc says something in French... probably translates to "Made in Canada"?

That's my best guess.

Good eye! Anyone familiar with Fabers know if this label, which differs from the one on Dragonfly's site, helps put an age on it?

I agree with the thought that it could be a Faber...

Attachments

• deck Faber.jpg
    deck Faber.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
We had a Faber with that same decal and it dated from the '60s. Somebody who really knows will probably jump in. It also seems to me the orange decal is older than the other one. Faber still makes snowshoes, but I see their current logo is different.

Wikipedia says this about the town: "Loretteville is a former city in central Quebec, Canada. It was amalgamated into Quebec City on January 1, 2002."

Kathy

The Faber logo shown on my website is not a decal. It is from a printed catalog. I cannot recall ever seeing anything but the orange deck decal.

Back