Hats off to Andre Cloutier

PattyM

Enthusiastic about Wooden Canoes
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to share with everyone a story of what a great group of people we have in the WCHA; one of them being that of Andre Cloutier. This was Sat. evening, at the Assembly. Macky and I were planning to leave right after the Auction. So, we backed up the vehicle and were ready to hook up the trailer when trouble started. The trailer hitch did not want to go on over the ball. After several attempts and trying everything we could think of doing, nothing was working. When all of a sudden, I see a van appear and out jumps Andre. He and Macky tried together to get the trailer hooked up, but no luck. Then he asked if we had some kind of oil (one I never heard of). But, we did not have any oil....not even ol' faithful WD40. So, he asked if we had some water, which we did have. So, he shot some water up to the hitch area on the trailer. Lo and behold it worked like magic! Boom! The trailer when down on that ball! Anyways, was so nice of Andre to help us out. I didn't think anyone could see us on the back forty lot where we were, but so glad he did notice us still hanging around. I didn't ask how he saw us, but we wanted to say we are very thankful and grateful for him coming to our aid. (Also, he hadn't even loaded up his own vehicle yet!) It really made a lasting impression as we left the Assembly of how great the people are.

Thank you again, Andre!

PattyM

Just wait until you get his bill!

;)

I've been bailed out more than once by the good folks of the WCHA. This year, I owe Chris P. a roll of Gorilla Tape. And if anyone needs a little extra to double-deck their car top load of canoes because they bought too many too soon, been there, done that, willing to share the wealth!

A BAILOUT, OH, YEAH ! I think we were the last to pack up on the green, very relaxed and calm... a beautiful morning....hitched up the trailer, pulled her up , packed the canoes, and filled up the car.
Opening the driver's door, he looks down, and WHAT ?? the puddle of WHAT ! ...just under the door , on the cobbles ! OYE...brake fluid. No brakes with a burst brake line. Not so calm or relaxed at the moment... BP probably a little elevated...over comes Matthew from the staff, and an excellent key maker. Then over comes Anthony, another HERO with a can of brake fluid. Man, the Green sure looks lonely about now. Matthew calls Madden's garage in Saranac...and imagine...Mike Madden answers...he will take us first thing in the morning. Matthew gives us the room key back.
We leave the trailer at 7 am and drive to Saranac with a very effective emergency brake and a very low ist gear. Mike gets us out at eleven, and we hit the road at noon, back in Rochester for dinner and a very substantial vodka martini. BP very normal finally. So, what an extraordinary Assembly and " alls well that ends well " TMI, but I feel better now and very grateful.

Back