Happy Birthday, Dave Osborn

Dan Miller

cranky canoeist
Staff member
A little bird tells me you turn 50 today - some folks think that means its downhill from hereon out - I think it means you get to start coasting. A tip of the canoe to you, mate!

Cheers,
Dan

Happy Birthday Dave Osborn

I used to think of it as the 15th anniversary of my 35th birthday.
Wait till you get the senior discount for a McDonald's coffee.
I got my first in Mio while canoeing/fly fishing in my friend's Ogilvy. Not a paddle thru. I got the coffee before the put in. Although I am getting an idea.
50 ain't so bad. Enjoy the day.

Aarp

Bob,
Funny thing!! The first gift I opened at my family birthday party was a pre-paid, pre-stamped envelope to send for my AARP membership! Wonder if Rollin will give me a discount on supplies???

Birthday Cake

Happy Birthday Dave!

Don't forget to bring cake for Friday!!!

You're creative, make it look like a canoe.

Have a Great Day,

Paul

beer and cake? Canoecopia This Friday-Sunday

Thanks for the well wishes, Paul. Don't count on a cake. As creative as you think I may be, there is just no way I do beer and cake together. Glad to hear that you (Cindy, too??) will be attending the 1st Annual Hoisting of the Mugs during Canocopia on Friday evening!
All are invited! Contact me if you have any questions or show up at the WCHA Great Rivers Chapter booth on Friday for directions to the Hoisting.
Can't wait!
Dave

A walnut tree isn't considered mature til it's 50 years old... Then it's nuts drop off!

Happy Birthday, Pal!

Happy Birthday Dave!

With age is supposed to come wisdom or at least, perspective.

Here's perspective from George Carlin

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited
about aging that you think in fractions. "How old are you?" "I'm four and a half!"

You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on
five! That's the key. You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead. "How old are you?" "I'm gonna be 16!" You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16!

And then the greatest day of your life . . . you become 21. Even the
words sound like a ceremony . . . YOU BECOME 21. . . YEAS!!!

But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk. He TURNED, we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're just a sour-dumpling. What's wrong? What's changed?

You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40.

Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 . . . and your dreams are gone.

But wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!

So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.

You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a
day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday! You get into your 80s and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime.

And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; "I was JUST 92." Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. "I'm 100 and a half!"

May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!

Another 50

I want to wish my finest friend another great 50 years ahead. May the coming 50 be filled with remarkable friends, dependable family, sparkling memories worth recalling over and over, picture perfect adventures, great happiness, satisfying pastimes, true love that lasts, contentment so deep.....

Happy Birthday, Thor!
Margaret Fisher
(Splinter)

this may be a clue

So, Splinter, are you the little birdie that told Dan Miller that it is Dave's birthday? I suspect you. You seem to know things. But then again I am a trained investigator. Very thoughtful of you.

Gee

Fifty, huh? You got any ribs you need replacin' Dave?:eek:

I came across some information that forumite "dboles" just recently had a birthday too.

Have a happy one, both of you.

Cheers.

Could have been me OR.....

It doesn't take an investigator to go to members list, see someones profile and note their birthday, where they live, what doing for a living, how inflicted they are with the "problem......". Either way, both Thor and dboles deserve the best! And while we are on the subject....."you seem to know things........" (?!?!) What is that supposed to mean? I haven't even been aquainted with Thor for a year yet and am newly rejoined in the organization for less than a year as well. Surely all those well wishers ahead of me know Thor way better then I.

Hi Margaret.

Just got back from washing egg off my face.

A nano second after I hit the submit I remembered all that stuff is probably on Dave's profile. When I accused you of knowing things I was referring to the tat and the nickname.

And yes Bob, they train us six ways to Sunday. But not as much as a Doc. They just don't give us lunch, we have to buy our own.
There is a great Chesnut just posted. Make a great gift for a birthday boy.

That "tat"

It's on his right arm at the shoulder, anyone can see it. It's the clue to the name but it will take some research on your part or Thor can just tell you about the tat-nickname connection. BTW, my birthday is July 23rd (also on my profile like everyone elses!). Just putting it out there now so no one has to be suspect of blabbing it. I would have sent cake and Ice-cream to dboles had I known about his but thought the ice-cream might be "soft" by the time it got there. Happy Birthday anyway... Are you 50 as well? I'm creepin' up on you guys, I have a little ways to go.

Back