Fact or fiction

MerchantMarine

Curious about Wooden Canoes
Hello all hoping holidays are going well and your long nights are filled with dreams of beautiful wooden boats! Can any of you tell me if you think this set up is orginal it looks like my boat a square stern with the fore deck and an installed forward helm. It's in Maine maybe one of you owns it. I found this investigating my other passion fly fishing on a local forum. I know OT put a deck on some boats and that the sea model was an option but a wheel? Anyway happy holidays!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 253
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 229
Can any of you tell me if you think this set up is original

It certainly could be original but you would need to get the serial number to confirm if the build record will show that it was installed at the factory. It could also have been installed by the original dealer or owner. The pictures below show some similar boats with steering wheels and a variety of deck configurations from their 1950s catalogs.

Benson

Attachments

• PAGE-39.JPG
    PAGE-39.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 215
  • PAGE-08.JPG
    PAGE-08.JPG
    316.6 KB · Views: 220
Thanks

Thanks Benson interesting the amount of things OT did with deck configuration etc. Always wondered what my boat would have been like with a little wheel. I guess OT would custom make the buyer whatever they wanted.

Back