Canoes and Love

Roger Young

display sample collector
Here's a little something that may make you chuckle... an insight on courting and canoes a century ago, written by a staff member of 'Collectors Weekly', who had asked me for a couple of comments on courting canoes. I knew he was planning an article, but had no idea how much additional research he'd gone to. Hope you find it as charming and humorous as I did.

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/love-boats-the-delightfully-sinful-history-of-canoes/

I belong to Collectors Weekly, and find it a great place to share photos and interest in a number of collectable and antique items. I'm listed there under 'Bushrat'.

Roger

And to think, all this time I have been using my canoe just to get bug bites and sunburns... I think maybe I was born in the wrong era ;-)
Great article.

Darryl

I probably should have also suggested that he include the postcard below but it is probably newer than he wanted.

Benson

Attachments

• HOT-TIME.JPG
    HOT-TIME.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 334
Wow! Nice to know the history of the courting canoe, thanks for sharing the article. We now can all understand why our President Ken (WCHA) collects so many of these fine boats!

Back