Canoe needs identification

workingbadger

Mad Badger
In Memoriam
Can anyone take a guess on who made this canoe/ it is 11'9" long. Inside keelson. The decks are missing. It may have had a sail post.

Attachments

• 12 canoe side view.JPG
    12 canoe side view.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 12 cedarfrint inside - sail post mark.jpg
    12 cedarfrint inside - sail post mark.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 245
  • 12 cedar canoe inside.JPG
    12 cedar canoe inside.JPG
    425.5 KB · Views: 223
  • 12 cedar inside bow.jpg
    12 cedar inside bow.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 230
Pictures of this canoe were posted previously and I don't think it was identified. I'll try to find the post. I recall the interesting features-- are you the new owner?

Kathy

Same owner. Sorry for the double post. Trying to figure out the decks, which are missing. Not sure what to do with it. Not sure I would ever use it, if I tried to refinish.

Hi, if you are in the Mich area you might think it is a Baker. Brian Baker (and his dad)_made canoes with keelsons. Also, I seem to recall that the old pop mech type magazines may have published some one-off plans that included keelsons.
The keelson may have been an add on but I did not get the photos to open for me so I did not get a good look.

Dave W.,
The canoe is located in Wisconsin. The one-off or kit canoe thought ocurred to me as well. There is something funky with the deck/stem area.....?

I was able to open the photos today. I'm going to guess it is NOT a Baker. I think it's one of a kind. perhaps someone will recognize it as a kit or plan boat from an early magazine.

Back