Canadian Canoe Company

Geoff

I am new to the WCHA. I was given a Canadian Canoe Company Canoe a few years ago that needed very little restoration. This restoration was completed professionally. i am now looking to sell the work of art. I will get more specifics and have them available along with pictures if anyone has interest in this canoe. I believe the canoe was made in the 1920's or 30's. The restorer provided a history that i do not have at my fingertips. Also, can anyone give me an estimate on what this large beautiful canoe is worth would be fantastic.

someone will chime in but the going rate is what someone is willing to pay. the market is down right now. you can put it in the classifieds, lots of pictures help

Welcome to the WCHA.

For a discussion of determining value, see the post at:

http://forums.wcha.org/showthread.php?57-How-much-is-my-old-wooden-canoe-worth

In addition to the factors discussed, consider the location of the canoe, relative to potential buyers -- trasportation/shipping is a serious issue that will likely affect price. A few years ago I bought a canoe on eBay located in Mattawamkeag, Me. We live in Brooklyn, NY, and probably would not have considered the canoe at any price, except for the fact that we also have a place in in Dover-Foxcroft, Me., about an hour from the canoe seller. As it was, we were the only bidder. If that canoe had been located in eastern NY, Conn., or MA, I would have expected more bidding, and it may well have sold for quite a bit more than we paid for it.

As a WCHA member, you can place a classified ad here on the forums (scroll all the way down the Forums page) or in Wooden Canoe, our journal. An ad should include basic information such as length and location (it’s surprising how many ads leave this out), and an ad on the forums should have some good pictures -- look at several existing ads to see what works and what doesn’t.

Good luck.

Back