Great Rivers Chapter July event

Otter

Gene Ott Canoeist/Builder
To all Great Rivers Chapter members,

I hope all of you are having a good summer and have been able to get out and paddle. The summer is half over as is the Great Rivers Chapter paddling events. Below is the next event coming up in two weeks. We hope to see you there. I need a count for the brunch on Sunday August first. Please RSVP by July 28th if you plan to attend. I will make reservations for the group if we have more than six to ten people. I would also like to know by then if you plan to attend the Rock River Canoe Company on Saturday. For more information contact me.

Thank you,
Gene Ott, Treasurer Great Rivers Chapter WCHA

July 31 Norm’s Hideaway, Lake Koshkonong, South Central Wis. Paddle and socialize at Norms, W8639 Kuehn Road, between Ft. Atkinson and Edgerton. 1 p.m. start. Wood/canvas, cedar strip and birch bark canoes, vintage duck boats and other small wooden craft have been seen at this annual event. Who knows what will show up this year. From Interstate 39-90 at Albion, take Hwy 106 east. Turn right onto Loga Road. Turn right ( south) onto Carcajou Road. Kuehn Road is on the left. Contact Dennis Ehle, 608-873-6313.

Rock River Canoe Company, Fort Atkinson. For those who want to come early Saturday morning, shop owner Kim Grunow and GR Chapter member Gene Ott will answer questions about building cedar strip and stitch and glue canoes and kayaks. 9 a.m. start to 1 p.m. Contact Gene Ott, 920-650-1027, gene.ott01@gmail.com .

August 1 Sandhill Station State Campground, Lake Mills. For those who want to stay late following the get together at Norm’s, camp at Sandhill Station, tent sites only, with good lake and river paddling nearby on Sunday. Non campers, and campers, too, if you like, can meet for brunch at the Sandbar restaurant on the north end of Rock Lake in Lake Mills at 10 a.m. We will decide where to paddle on Sunday depending on water levels and participants’ interests. Contact Gene Ott, 920-650-1027, gene.ott01@gmail.com

Great Rivers Chapter: Have fun at Norm's! Wish Mike Borrett a happy birthday for me....
See you all in Sept at Jag Lake! 3rd annual Jag-a-rama!
Dave

PS Paul &Gene....thanks for handing off the gunwales!!

Good Time!

I had fun Saturday at Norm's. Thanks to Dennis and all who got the event together. Here are some pictures.
Mike Borrett and his brand new birchbark.
A beautiful seat, maybe Dennis Ehle's?
Our intrepid chapter board solving the problems of the world.
The engine of that cool motor launch. I never got the owner's name, but that boat is a labor of love.

Attachments

• DSCN0130.JPG
    DSCN0130.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 297
  • DSCN0115.JPG
    DSCN0115.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCN0123.JPG
    DSCN0123.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 307
  • DSCN0121.JPG
    DSCN0121.JPG