Started a canoe shop blog

Douglas Ingram

Red River Canoe & Paddle
I set this up in October as a communication tool for my clients. It's an easy way for them to follow along with their project, but its also a great way for me to document my shop activities in general.

I try an put up a post at least once or twice a week, it really depends upon how photographic the project is, or how fast it moves a long, or how much time I have available to post.

The current project is a 100 year old Chestnut. (give or take a few years.)

If anyone is interested in this, feel free to visit at:

http://woodbecreative.blogspot.com/

Hi Doug,

Seeing the projects is nice, but, how's the truck coming?
It would be nice to see that old Ford fixed up with a old canoe on top.

Dan

WOW! The power of the WCHA website is awesome! At least, I am assuming that is what happened.

I wasn't actually trying to generate traffic, though that is nice. But I checked my stacounter service and just yesterday, the blog which had been receiving 3-5 visits per day spike to 75 new visit!

Good thing that I was sitting down.

By the way this is a great idea. I know often times people are somewhat intimidated by the internet/computers, and in some ways it may feel like the farthest thing from crafting something solid with your hands, but I think setting up something like a blogspot account (which is easy, incidentally) is a super good way to gather interest - especially from the younger crowd (who love things like multiple updates and instant information) and as you said, keep your clients posted. I know building a canvas boat is participating in a process that hasn't changed all that much (power tools, I know, but...) for 100 years, but using a blog (and other modern methods) as part of the plan for your small business is not only a great idea, but also an interesting read.

Back