Seeking Old Town White Cap advertising images for Robert Manry documentary film

grandonneur

Hello. New member. First post.

I’m nearing completion of a feature documentary about Robert Manry’s 1965 transatlantic voyage in his modified Old Town White Cap, Tinkerbelle. Among a trove of archival material, the film, "MANRY AT SEA - In the Wake of a Dream" is composed of Robert’s own 8mm and 16mm movies of his adventures, including the famous voyage from Falmouth to Falmouth.

I’m racing to complete the film in time for the 50th anniversary of his departure from Falmouth, Massachusetts, on 1 June 1965.

I’m looking for high resolution scans of images of advertisements for Old Town ‘White Caps’, circa 1945 -1955. I can scan and return the images if you don't have access to a scanner.

They will be used in a sequence titled “Early Tinkerbelle”, that tells the story of Manry’s purchase of a derelict daysailer from a Greek family in Cleveland, Ohio, and his subsequent repairs, family sailing adventures, modifications, etc., and finally the christening of “Tinkerbelle”.

If anyone can supply some useable images, I would be incredibly grateful. It/they will be used near the beginning of the sequence along with the original 1958 “For Sale” classified ad that appeared in the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Source of images will receive acknowledgement in end credits.

You can see more about the project, and a trailer, at the Robert Manry Project.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I’m looking for high resolution scans of images of advertisements for Old Town ‘White Caps’, circa 1945 -1955.

I have a full set of catalogs and many of the original transparencies that were used to create them so I can probably help. Tell me what images you want and what resolution, file format, and other details about how you would like them delivered. Let me know how you want to proceed. Thanks,

Benson

Back