Restore 65 Old Town motor boat

ravencaptain

I recently purchased my 17.5' motor boat but have looked all over the internet for pictures and could find only one side shot from an ad. Any one know where I can get pictures to help me.
What I know is it's 17.5 feet long with the serial # 173003. I have another # MSZ03415F101.
If any one can give me direction as I want to put it into it's original state.

ravencaptain,

This may help but I really suggest that you purchase the Old Town Canoe Catalogs on CD from the WCHA store...they will give you a better understanding with a few more shots.

Ric Altfather

And checking further, here is the build record for this boat. in case you didn't have it. If you are planning this restoration, you can find valuable information here on the Old Town products along with restoration proceedures. Please consider joining the WCHA to help support this and other services associated with these fine boats.

All the best,

Ric

Attachments

• page-09.jpg
    page-09.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 378
  • 5581.gif
    5581.gif
    54.3 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
For what its worth, the hull identification number starting with the the letters MSZ indicate a Massachusetts homebuilt boat. What probably happened is someone restored it and had to have an MIC in order to register it, looks like back in 2001... The easiest way to do this is to register it as a homebuilt, even if it is a restoration of an older manufactured boat.

Back