Old Town rowing seat with foot brace

Mike Heines

Upstate Canoe Sailor
I purchased the foot brace part of this item at Assembly this year (thanks to Scott B.)My question is this: how does this attach to the seat portion? I have the Old Town catalogs on disc, but the image doesn't quite show clearly how the seat is affixed to the foot brace assembly (1905 and other years). Anyone seen a complete unit? Thanks for any help.

Mike,
Isthis the type of seat you are refering to?

Jim C.

Attachments

• CanoeAsscessores 002.jpg
    CanoeAsscessores 002.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 735
  • CanoeAsscessores 001.jpg
    CanoeAsscessores 001.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 685
Great pic!

Yes, Jim, that's it. Thanks for the great photo. My seat seems to have lost the routed out looking "outer-under" rails. Does the seat slide back and forth?

Mike,
The seat does not "slide" like the seat in a rowing shell, however it is not screwed tight either. It simply sits on the rails and stays put by friction and your seated weight. You can move it front or back to accompdate for the length of your legs. The entire assembly just sits in the bottom of the canoe. I have never used it. It came with a canoe I bought. Shaw & Tenny makes one exactly the same and there are two pictures on their website.

Good luck,
Jim C.

I received a Tennie and Shaw rowing seat yesterday and in the process of staining etc. to my suprise seat does slid back and forth. I havent tried it yet

Back