Wide canvas

Old Gaffer

Curious about Wooden Canoes
I am in the process of restoring a 43 yr old 19' Teslin Freighter canoe and need 96" wide #8 canvas. Can anybody connect me with a supplier? I have managed to find 120" from Northwoods but that leaves me with considerable waste as I need 88". Much appreciated

I guess, since I've had no response to my question, that the 96" wide canvas isn't available.

Thanks for the reply. From what I have gleaned from others it seems advisable to use #8 on this size and weight of boat.

We restored a skiff last year that had had two pieces of canvas joined under the keel. We were able to use the 84" from Northwoods but two pieces is another choice which too would have waste.

Life time builder/restorer Brian Baker used a two piece process on his canoes. pieced together somehow at the keel.

Thanks for the replies.
Rod, is your canvas #8? Looks like you are based in Vancouver?
Thanks

Sorry for delay in responding as was involved in boat show last 6 days. According to the supplier, they have #10 (14 oz.) in 96" or #12 (12 oz.) Whether they have it in stock is another question.

Thanks, Rod, but I'm going to hold out for #8. This is a big boat and I'll be carrying a load with it. Looks like I'll have to get the 120" from Northwoods.

Back