W/C Canoe camping in Ontario next season

robin

LOVES Wooden Canoes
Hi, I like to canoe camp with my w/c canoe, I've been to Temagami, Quetico, ZEC Kipawa, LaVerendrye, all with my wood canvas canoes, and I'm planning next years trip. I would like to join someone or a group who would like to take a five or six day trip with our wood canvas canoes. If you are interested in canoe camping, I would be glad to hear from you. I have a bunch of offers from the kevlar crowd, but at 56, it's getting harder to keep up with them on the portages. If you would like to take your wood canvas off the rack and use it for what it was meant to be used, send me a note. Robin

Quetico

Interested in Hunter's Island in very early June? I'm planning a 6-person trip around the 150 mile circuit out of Ely (Moose Lake), and will bring an 18'6" White Guide and a 17' Chestnut Prospector. I've got four trippers already. Figure a relatively leisurely 12 days on the trail. Let me know.

Bob,

If you need a place to spend a night or need something, a shuttle maybe, give me a call. We have a cabin near Ely and would love to meet you/have you stop in.

I'd like to go but 12 days is just too many for me.

Dan

or maybe a place to store those fine canoes. :)

Bob-Dan
12 days is a little too much for me to, what with the 4 days driving out and back in the truck. I liked the Boundrywaters/Quetico, but with an empty nest now, I have to tone down my trips a little. I can still take 2 a year, just a week at a time I guess. Thanks for the offer Bob, and also thanks Dan for your offer.
Algonquin, Temagami, LeVerendrye, Kipawa- Lots of great paddlin close to the east if anyone is interested? 5-6 days. Robin

Back