Project boat posting

Nope, not for me. I have two Old Town project boats that I'm barely able to work on right now. And the owner of my dry storage garage is moving away...

It's a Thompson.

I called the couple selling this canoe and they had already spoken to someone who stopped by and ID it as a Thompson by the brass tag on the deck.

After a brief discussion I think it may be a Hiawatha, but now their not sure they want to sell it for $100 and may re-list it.

Too bad the guy didn't just buy it. Now someone else may have to pay more.

Happy paddling,

Paul

It's always a judgment-call when we tell what they have-- in the case of this canoe, it's reasonable to think that the canoe stands a better chance of getting a new home and restoration if the sellers can tell people what it is.... but now, it's "worth something" in the eyes of the sellers. As we well know, the canoe will be worth the money or work someone puts into it.

Ya, I didn't see the decks very well, they looked smooth curved to me at 1st glance.

But I don't see 1/2 ribs either, which most/all H's had.

Wish we had better pics.

And yes, the delema of passing on info.
Over on the OWWM site, they have a VERY strick rule of never ID'ing or linking an active auction or sale,
for fear of disrupting somebody's possible good deal.
Just about the complete opposite of here.

Dan

It's always a judgment-call when we tell what they have--but now, it's "worth something" in the eyes of the sellers. As we well know, the canoe will be worth the money or work someone puts into it.

Yeah, I sure do agree. I had to make that call about a Morris earlier this summer and I'm sure that I triggered the wrong response. I should have bought it but I did not need it..I thought I was doing the right thing. Who knows...

As i've said before, I am continuously amazed at the sheer number of things i did not know i needed until i saw them offered for sale. :eek:
Jan, they'd probably leave the water in it for you too if you drove a hard enough bargain.

NO to the Manx engine. I know of a guy in the Detroiot area that had 2 350cc Manxs for sale about 2 years ago. He also had a few 7Rs and G50s as well as a real Rennsport in an early 70's platform. But he also wanted way more than top dollar or I may have bought one. Just to keep in the closet you know.

Back