posting pictures

yelnif

another little project
call me gober :p but For the life of me I can't figure out why I am unable to post any pictures-chug.chug/chug!@#$%^&/whoo-o-whooo! Ihad it figured out on the old site so it probably is me - but I need help. :eek: thanx.yelnif...

Too Big

When I have trouble, the culprit is that the image is too big. I thought that up to 1 MB was legal, but I couldn't post some the other day until I resized them.

Try resizing the images - I don't know what the cutoff is, but I usually get it to post if it is less that 100kb.

Fitz

resize???

thanks for the info fitz- now how do you resize? just so you know-I am basically computer illiterate-but I do keep a 4# setting maul handy for those technical adjustments- :rolleyes: happened once-could happen again(the wife said we needed a new tv anyway-right.thanx.lee...

More ways than one..

Some resizing options:

1. I dunno where you are getting your pictures. If you are scanning them, lower the resolution so the file is smaller.

2. Some digital cameras will resize.

3. If you have a digital camera take the photo at a lower resolution, thus smaller file.

4. Otherwise you need to edit the photo with a photo editing software package. Microsoft photo editor comes with some machines. Look for the resize or crop buttons on photo editors.

5. Give up and go work on the canoe. :)

adjust,syncrnize,test---new computer

Fitz- I can handle the "go back to work on the canoe"-best idea. all this new fangled stuff is just hard to get a handle on. I'm from the age of letters and polaroids and thought that was big deal.the times they are a changing. I'll have to get my " resident 'techno' less challenged than me'"to show me how to post. It's always good to let her here feel in control/ just can't let it get out of control :D. :p I'm getting the pics ( taken with a digital camera) from pics that were downloaded to this computer from our old computer. They worked before on the old computer/old site but now they don't. Probably something in the way this new system is set up.Thats ok though- I can adjust as necessary :D -<crash>@#@$!& THUD. fixed- hehehehehehe.lee.^....

Back