NY Boat Registration

Grandlaker

Builder & Restorer
Is NY a reciprecating state as far as boat Registrations? Will I be able to use my Grand Laker at the Assembly with it's ME boat Registration ???? Or will I have to Register it in NY

Pleasure craft with a valid registration in another state can operate in NY waters for up to 90 consecutive days.

So, no worries.

Only boats propelled by mechanical means need to be registered in NY. Therefore, canoes, guide boats, sailboats (without auxiliary outboard) need not worry.

Put an Evinrude through-hull canoe motor in your Indian Girl, register it somewhere.

The registration requirement for canoes also applies to electric trolling motors. If you use a motor on your canoe, it must to be registered.

Related, PFD's are required in NYS.
If you do not have them in your craft you can be ticketed. The DEC patrols the St. Regis Chain regularly so it's a good idea to pay attention to this.

The registration requirement for canoes also applies to electric trolling motors. If you use a motor on your canoe, it must to be registered.

Related, PFD's are required in NYS.
If you do not have them in your craft you can be ticketed. The DEC patrols the St. Regis Chain regularly so it's a good idea to pay attention to this.

Are there any other requirements, like the standard whistle, floating rope, manual bailer etc? cost of this stuff is always WELL below the ticket, at least in Ontario.

Are there any other requirements, like the standard whistle, floating rope, manual bailer etc? cost of this stuff is always WELL below the ticket, at least in Ontario.

No but having them is a good idea.. You never know if you will meet someone in trouble or a jacka** out there. The lakes are public. Don't forget a headlamp..there could be a full moon paddle.

Now a picture of a grand lake in front of Lady Liberty! Now that's a cool picture Dale! Just got married May 31st and we can't swing the time to make it up this year. Kinda bummed. I really enjoy being up there. Hope you have fun this year!

You know that I know the bow of a grand laker quite well! ;) That would have been fun. Sorry I'm going to miss out. Have a great time out there!

Back