Novice to paddle making.

SonicCanoe

Curious about Wooden Canoes
Have searched threw and found lots of helpful tips. But im looking for more information on making laminated paddles. Ive already done some experimenting and have come up with the conclusion that i need some advice ha. Ive already got a prototype in the making ill post pics a lil later. So hope to get some good advice and maybe a lil bashing lol. Thank for checking the thread out leave some words of wisdom.

100_0308.jpg 100_0305.jpg heres a couple of what i got going on. I decided to use aspen as a prototype paddle as its easy to form and rather light. This is the shaft and handle and than one side of the paddle. i used 3/4 and laminated them together to make a solid 1 1/2 in shaft, rather be bigger than what im looking for. than used the same method for the paddle aspen for front side of blade red oak on back. Found some nice red wood on some old patio furniture staind but useable. il post a lil more when i put them all together.

Okay i got some good epoxy for the 2nd paddle. But i just used gorilla wood glue for this first one. I got some marine grade waterproof and uv protection varnish for the blade but il use a oil for the handle and shaft. Took the clamps off today and it held together so im in the clear for the next 2 hours ha.Il post more tricks.

Back