Nice issue of Wooden Canoe

Larry Meyer

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
In my mail box today. Patty has done a great job spiffing up the lay-out.

On page 18 are some thoughts about spreading the word. I had this thought a ways back, but may be I should put it out there. I rebuilt my first canoe, oh, 13 years ago, well before I knew about the WCHA, or joined it. First place I turned to, to try to figure how to do it, was my local library. They did not have Jerry and Rollin’s book—but I did find it a few days later at a bookstore.

I’m wondering, though, whether local libraries would be a good place to reach out to new folks. What if local chapters—maybe in cooperation with a matching grant from the Education Committee--bought copies of Stelmok and Thurlow and donated them to local libraries? We wouldn’t of course have to cover all the libraries, as many of them are now linked regionally thru inter-library loan and their catalogues are on the Web.

Benson's article & color!

The addition of the color detail for Bensin's article really made this edition stand out. Well done!

I appreciate the kind words about the most recent issue of the Journal. Tim Hewitt and I first proposed this color poster insert idea in February, 1996. It has become a reality more than nine years later due to the efforts of Patty MacLeish, Dan Miller, Bill Conrad, the entire WCHA Board of Directors, and many others. Thanks!,

Benson

Bravo Zulu

Well done!

Attachments

• BravoZulu.jpg
    BravoZulu.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 805
Back