Luis A. Picard Logo?

Rich-NC

Hey all, need a little help.

I'm restoring a 16' Picard and would like to use the appropriate logo/badge on the deck. I've searched the web for Picard canoe logos, old photos, and the online museum, all with no luck. I found one photo that appeared to have a rectangular metal nameplate that had "Luis. A Picard and some other obscured, stamped verbiage..
The existing decks didn't have a logo. No serial number, so not sure how old it is.

Anyone know if there were logos/ID plates on the Picard Huron canoes, and if so, where to get a photo I could duplicate?

Thanks, in advance!

Here is one from Maurice Picard, Jr, free for the asking, just tell me where to send it.

Steve Lapey

Attachments

• picard Huron Tag 2021.jpg
    picard Huron Tag 2021.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 208
Steve,
That is pretty cool.
Would you be willing to send a high quality (as many pixels as you can spare) image of that to Dan Miller? Dan has been maintaining (along with many other things) a collection of deck decals and tags on the Wooden Canoe Museum website. It lacks an image for a Picard. Dan will likely request your permission to use the image.
Dan may be along with a PM with his email or if you prefer, PM me and I'll provide mine.
Here is a link to the Decals and Tags content at Wooden Canoe Museum.Decals and Tags | Wooden Canoe Museum

Steve:
Thanks so much!
Since I'm such a "newbie" that I can't figure out how to PM you, can you send me an email to:

richbarnes99@gmail.com

I'll reply with my mailing address for the decal. Also, I'm happy to pay for the postage, or make another donation to the web site. Let me know.

Thanks again, and I knew this was the right place to get an answer.
(I'll study up on the PM thing )

Rich Barnes

Rich,
To PM on this site, log in and then select your user name to bring down a menu of the various features you may access. One of them is Conversation. Select conversation and start a new conversation with Dan or me or anyone you care to PM.
Having said that, since you shared your email, look for an email from me, 95gerrish. You may reply to my mail with the noted image.
Mike

Back