Hot button to report problem activity

Steve Ambrose

Nut in a Canoe
Case in point: a new member operating under the user name "xilanhua" has posted machine-generated garbage twice, his only posts so far. Once in the Guestbook and another in Open Forum. We need an easy way to report such activity in order to help the Admins watch for suspicious activity. If such a function already exists, I couldn't find it. This user appears to be a machine trolling our forums and I doubt it has good intentions. :cool:

This user appears to be a machine trolling our forums and I doubt it has good intentions. :cool:

I think you are 100% correct. This is someones stolen mail account name. The name is Chinese, Lan Hua Xi. A person with that name would not use it so openly unless it was stolen.
What is comical about this (sort of) is that this "machine" seems to have crossed into a site where that name is not as common as it would be in the country where it was stolen, consequently drawing attention to it. ;)

Nihau ma LH Xi.

We need an easy way to report such activity in order to help the Admins watch for suspicious activity. If such a function already exists, I couldn't find it.

The little triangular red and white warning sign in the upper right corner of each message can be used to report any supicious postings. The image attached below shows these in the red circles for this thread.

Benson

Attachments

• Report-post.jpg
    Report-post.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 490
The little triangular red and white warning sign in the upper right corner of each message can be used to report any suspicious postings. Benson
Very cool... with the seeming increase in abusive traffic it will be used!

It's worth noting that this button is only available when you are logged in...

Back